Saturday, September 2, 2017

This Journey

Once again, some time has passed since my last blog. I've been very busy getting ready for school, both for myself, and my two daughters. I'm still kind of maintaining in about the same place I was. I think I may have shook the plateau, we will see. I was helping at a Heart Change workshop, and I found myself in the position of eating the food placed before me. I put it in God's hands. When I came back I was about 4 lbs up from when I had left, but that weight dropped off quickly. I think perhaps my body had gone into starvation/conservation mode, so I wasn't losing. Now I hope it is convinced that I was not starving, and I can start dropping again.

I am finding that I'm ready to start downsizing my clothes. I have a lot that don't fit, some of them very nice, and I will be listing them on eBay. I'm also trying to get my wardrobe ready for school. I'm finding that I'm enjoying clothes shopping again. Something I really haven't had the pleasure of doing for many years, or at least not without heading out of town to a special store. Now I can fit into sizes that are carried at Ross, and other stores. It is nice to be able to shop in a regular store.

You know, maybe in my mind I was downplaying that, but it is a really big non-scale victory. I forgot how much I love to clothes shop. I will have to be careful, because it could become an unhealthy addiction. Perhaps I need to work in retail again. I'm not sure, with all that is on my plate, that I'm ready to add a job to it. I feel like my days right now revolve around meal prep, exercising, and managing the household. To that I will be adding school. I want to see how I can manage all that before I bite off way more than I can chew.

1 comment:

Wow, I dropped the ball--Sorry! I am back, and ready to share.

 It has been so long since I wrote a post here, 2 years and 5 months to be exact. My journey admittedly kind of stalled for a time. It never...