Monday, September 10, 2018

Over 7 months since I last posted....Sorry!

Wow, it has been a bumpy summer. Sadly, as a result of my still not completely working through my coping mechanisms, I have put on some weight. Yesterday, when I stepped on the scale because my clothes weren't fitting right, I was at 314. Okay, so it is still around 15 lbs, but it is in the wrong direction. I'm starting back at school next week, and it is time to get back on track.
We had such a crazy, busy, stressful summer. We had to move at the end of June, right after finals. I did well on finals, and got a 3.81 gpa for the term. Still, there was tons of stress involved with moving, and the place we found first fell through, so that I spent the week after finals looking for a place. We were blessed by our church with lots of help moving out. It was a good thing, and I really needed it.
I feel like we were just starting to recover from the move when our friend, and my daughter's youth pastor, who she deeply loves, drowned in a tragic accident. Add to that the stress that my daughter was present when it happened, and we spent the next part of the summer walking through grief over the tragic loss of a very special person I was looking forward to getting to know better.
Finally, I'm preparing for the first term at OSU, and have come to realize that I am probably changing my major yet again. Understand, this is not a move I would take lightly, I have done it too many times, but I feel like slowly God is refining the vision for where He is taking me. It is becoming clear that we all know we need to exercise and eat better, but the question is why don't we? This is sort of a nature versus nurture question. Is it as simple as the habits we were raised with, or is there some physiological and or psychological impetus that prevents us from doing what we know our bodies need? Is it a spiritual issue? All valid questions, and I really think the answer is some combination of all these factors. However, I want to dig into that further, and I think that is more in the realm of psychology than it is Kinesiology or Nutrition, although those are certainly factors that need to be understood to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
I'm going to stop there for the day, but more on this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, I dropped the ball--Sorry! I am back, and ready to share.

 It has been so long since I wrote a post here, 2 years and 5 months to be exact. My journey admittedly kind of stalled for a time. It never...