Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Non-Scale Victories

So, the scale has been moving very slowly lately, but it is at least still going down. I am choosing to focus instead on non-scale victories. I've had a load of them lately. Some big, some small, some...well I don't know how to explain, so let me try. As you lose weight, one of the first things that need to be replaced is undergarments. You know, a dress, shirt, or pants can be too big and okay, but you can't have your undies falling off. My issue was not so much the undies as the bras. My bras were already kind of needing replaced, and then I was looking at pictures of myself in the blue dress and realized they were really beyond use. I found a good deal and ordered new ones. I wasn't even entirely sure the size I needed, so I ordered three sizes. I ended up needing the smallest band size, and the smallest cup size I ordered. The rest got sent back for exchange.

Okay, here is where it gets real, and honest. I went down two cup sizes. TWO! Yep, I have nothing much to speak of left up top. It is amazing to see how different things fit now that I have the correct bra size on. The best part is the next time I need bras I won't have to order them because I fit into a fairly normal size now. That is truly a non-scale victory.

Just breaking news, I can usually wear a seat-belt now. Something I have not always been doing. In many cars seat-belts didn't fit, in our car it fit but was tight. It is somewhat dependent upon how far forward I have the seat, and as such, when driving, it can be a bit too tight still. I've been out of the habit of wearing a seat-belt, so now my daughter is reminding me to put it on.

I've had several non-scale fitness victories. Last night we watched the fireworks and I sat on the ground. I got up without any help. Also, two weekends ago when I was away, I went up and down stairs several times a day. All in all, small victories are adding up, and today I finally got my new hair-cut. My daughter had colored my hair last week. So, here is to victory over all the challenges involved in losing weight. (Including the sagging skin, which will be discussed another day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, I dropped the ball--Sorry! I am back, and ready to share.

 It has been so long since I wrote a post here, 2 years and 5 months to be exact. My journey admittedly kind of stalled for a time. It never...