Thursday, July 27, 2017

When will I finally drop below 300?

When I set my goals a little bit back, one of them was to be under 300lbs by the 30th of July. It does not look like I will make that goal, although I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch. I've been doing lots of Orange Theory. I did 5 days last week, and plan to do 6 this week. (They are playing a bingo game, and it motivates me.) I know that doing Orange Theory is making my body into a fat burning machine, and that right now I am transitioning to muscle, so I understand why the scale isn't moving, but it is still frustrating.

We've been really busy, and perhaps my food hasn't been as on as before. I've stayed pretty good on my calories, except for a couple of days while I was adjusting to Orange Theory. What I've been eating has changed some. I was busy and tired last week, so I think I ate more grain based carbs than I normally do, and that may be part of the hold up as well.

So, I'm looking for non-scale victories. I'm going to take measurements later today, so there will probably be some. Movement, in general is getting easier. I'm working on so many things at once with Orange Theory that I could not pinpoint all the victories. My speed and incline on the treadmill has almost doubled, the rowing machine isn't killing my knees anywhere near as bad as it did at first. I even completed a 2000 meter row, something I didn't think I could accomplish.

This is a good journey, and when I get discouraged I look to all the people who support me on it, and most importantly Jesus, for my encouragement. It always comes, just when I need it, just what I needed to hear to keep going. This is a battle I will win, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is the race He has set before me, and I am going to run it as strongly and with endurance, as I can, letting His strength sustain me.

1 comment:

  1. Smile. I think I understand. I have been faithfully recording calories, exercising. The work I am doing the tracking programs (two) I have both say I should weigh a lot less. Double loss of what I have lost. Yet, I am not discouraged. Why is it coming off so slow? Stress? My own body? What? Don't know, and I am not very concerned. I am going in the right direction and so are you. So what if it takes me twice as long as I imagined? I will get there and so will you. But look at what you are accomplishing. It is not just the weight it's learning. Aren't you learning? I am. And don't you feel good knowing you are making forward movement? Go forward without discouragement. When it's done the victory will be sweeter....keep going......I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Wow, I dropped the ball--Sorry! I am back, and ready to share.

 It has been so long since I wrote a post here, 2 years and 5 months to be exact. My journey admittedly kind of stalled for a time. It never...